MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3329 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Transcend by West Thornhill

Transcend - West Thornhill

I requested this on a lark after reading the blurb and thinking that sounds interesting. And it was. Not only does the book deal with super powers like telekinesis, but hey, shifters!

I cried for the abuse Gael had to endure at the hands of his "uncle", though it did piss me off when more of that backstory is revealed, and his father sees him for the first time in many, many, many years. Father of the year, he's not.

I liked Jason's gentle nature with Gael, and I liked that he knew, for the most part, how to treat the shy, scared young man his inner lion has fallen for, hard. I loved how the author let the relationship develop, that it wasn't compulsive on Gael's part, and that Jason never got pushy.

This book is the first in a new series, and that partially shows. There's a lot of info we're given about the Fillmore agency, about the other characters that play a role, though some of it is not explained fully, and I hope that will be addressed in future installment.

There's also a lot (A LOT) of action going on in this book, and the slowly developing romance doesn't take center stage. Lots of great snark, and typical older teenage behavior, but strong loyalty runs through all of the characters, and that shows as well.

Overall, a great first installment, and I am very interested in reading more of this series.

** I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. A positive review was not promised in return. **