MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3308 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100 %
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: McFarland's Farm by Cardeno C.

McFarland's Farm - Cardeno C.

CC is my go-to author for when I need something super sweet and fluffy. Also, this one has a ginger bear. Yes, yes, you read that right. Not only is Jared McFarland (owner of the farm) a bear, he's also a ginger. Like I needed more convincing to give this one a chance, right?

Jared is a hard-working man who doesn't have time for freeloaders or the not-so-working-inclined. When he's asked to provide room for the misbehaving son of a business associate, he makes his rules clear from the start: Work for your room and board, or be on your way.

Lucas Reika, the aforementioned misbehaving son, is a spoiled brat if I ever saw one. He doesn't want to work for a living, would prefer to spend daddy's money, and has serious disdain for anything not in the city.

But he's also got secret hots for our ginger bear, and it's mutual.

After a couple of false starts, these two get it on hot and heavy, and heavy and hot, and the novella is over before you can blink.

My one complaint is that it's too short. It's the first in the series, and while we're given glimpses at future books to come, I'm somewhat disappointed in the shortness of this. I wanted more. MOAR, I tell ya, because it was over before I was ready.

I didn't buy the rapid way with which Lucas grows up and changes his way. Of course, it's lovely to think that his ginger bear Jared is the cause for it, but someone who's been spoiled rotten for a long time and who's given daddy cause for grief for just as long doesn't suddenly change his ways just because he's finally getting to be all over the ginger farmer he's lusted after. I didn't buy the HEA that came to quickly.

This is sugary, sweet, cotton candy fluff, and should be read as such. And as such, it succeeds.

** I received a free copy of this book from the author. A positive review was not promised in return. **