MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3347 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Summer Lover by B.G. Thomas

Summer Lover (Seasons of Love Book 2) - B.G. Thomas

Having read and loved the first book in this new series by B.G. Thomas, I was salivating for this installment, to find out more about Scott (he who's hung up on Sloan from book 1) and watch how he deals with that. The blurb promised all kinds of fun, and I wasn't disappointed in the least by this book.

See, Scott is convinced that he'll never find love. Nobody will ever love him - case in point, his best friend Sloan, for whom he's carried a torch for 10 years. Initially, Scott comes across as a whiny, self-pitying kind of ass, who feels like he has to compete with his friends, but doesn't realize that they like him for who he is. But B.G. Thomas being the fabulous writer he is, the reader is also able to feel the lack of self-confidence, the despair Scott experiences and the pitiful way he sees himself.

Then Wyatt (remember him from the first book?) convinces Scott to join him at the yearly Heartland Festival, where lots of men from all kinds of different walks of life come together to commune with each other and nature, where all judgments are left at the gate, and where Scott finally has the scales fall from his eyes.

The festival is also where we meet Cedar Carrington, the "Jockster", who has secrets of his own and who isn't willing to let anyone tie him down.

Things get hot and heavy quickly between Scott and Cedar, but both of them still have lessons to learn. This is also the part where the side characters play a huge role, and with the exception of one, I thought they were all wonderful. That one exception being Howard, Wyatt's boyfriend. I haven't had such a violent negative reaction to a single character in a while, but this man made me want to reach into the book and throttle him. He's vile, and undeserving of a beautiful soul like Wyatt, and I can only hope that the next book in this series sees Howard out on his ass and Wyatt finding a good man who loves him as he is and doesn't stray.

Anyhoo, I loved this. It didn't reach 5 stars because the beginning was hard on me, what with Scott whining and feeling like a loser, and that part grated. But of course B.G. Thomas did have his reasons for this, and the rest of the book flew by. I couldn't help but root for them, couldn't stop smiling when they finally get it, couldn't stop reading until it was done.

This author has a special flair for writing the grand romances, the kind that stays with you for a long time after, that leaves you breathless and longing for more. The descriptive writing style is well-suited for this type of novel, and the sexy times were well done also.

I can hardly wait for the next one.

** I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. A positive review was not promised in return. **