MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3327 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Summer Son by Anna Martin

Summer Son - Anna Martin

I read this in early August, shortly before its release. This book was super sweet and on the fluffier side, which was exactly what I needed at that time.

I loved both characters. Ellis and Zane were well portrayed, both with specific idiosyncrasies, and the author drew a complete picture of romance, love and heartbreak, of a meddling ex-husband Oliver, and learning to trust again.

The writing in this book was crisp, yet emotionally charged, and the author also seemed to have done her research nicely. Ellis and Oliver were portrayed as one of the first couples to get married in NY when it became legal to do so, and also one of the first same-sex couples to divorce. The author also included their custody as a legal precedent case, as they were (in this fictional setting) the first couple to get divorced after using surrogacy to have a child.

I don't think it's a spoiler to know that Harrison's bio-father is Ellis, and that this is one of the main reasons for Oliver leaving. I thought that to be rather interesting to include, that paternity would be the cause for a break-up, and wondered if this would translate to reality. I suppose for some paternity matters in these situations - passing on the genes - but I had never seen it used in a romance novel.

While the rapidity with which Ellis and Zach become a unit might seem unrealistic, I think that it is entirely possible (and super romantic) that two people find each other and are simply perfect for each other, and compliment each other to the point where they cannot stand to be apart, where love hits swiftly and immediately, and they are bonded almost from the beginning. Perhaps I'm not yet jaded enough to not believe in that kind of love, and I bought it here completely.

It was that bond that allowed them to stay strong and face the adversity their pasts throw in their way, and I was rooting for them to get their HEA with baby Harrison.

This was lovely. Just lovely. Go get your copy!

** I received a free ARC of this novel from the publisher. A positive review was not promised in return. **