MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1414 Devotees
116 Devoted To
3447 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Perfect Imperfections by Cardeno C.

Perfect Imperfections - Cardeno C.

This novel is Cardeno C. at his best - super cute, super sweet and super awesome, with great humor and banter, a powerful, intense and strong relationship, character growth, plus a GFY/OFY butt virgin and smoking holy hot boysecks, Batman. I adored the two main characters, JJ and Reg, and loved absolutely everything about this, marshmallow fluff and all.

Yeah, yeah, some cynical person might say that Reggie was much too perfect, but I don't care. And some cynical person might also say that JJ was much too high strung and high maintenance, and what 31 year old super rock star doesn't know that he's gay, but whatever.

It was perfect in its imperfections (see what I did there?) and I LOVED IT.

I thought that this book might fall into the cliched trope of Rockstar meets Average Joe, falls hard and fast, realizes it's too hard and dumps Average Joe. But, but, but - CC doesn't follow that trope at all, and it's wonderful and refreshing to see a real, true love story develop, between Rockstar and Average Joe, where Average Joe (Reggie) falls just as hard and fast, and then figures out what makes Rockstar tick, and how to calm him down, and how to smooth down the feathers of his highstrung boyfriend.

There's even a bit of a whodunit, that wasn't all that mysterious, but I loved how the author let his characters progress and grow. I had so much FUN reading this book!

It's the perfect kind of book to read poolside with a chilled Margarita in hand, or curled up in your favorite comfy chair, and forget about the real world for a few hours.

** I received a free copy of this book from the author. A positive review was not promised in return. **