MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
121 Devoted To
3364 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Nachos & Hash by Brandon Witt

Nachos & Hash - Brandon Witt

Darwin has achieved nearly everything he's wanted - a great job, a fabulous career, money, a nice place to live - he's missing out on the romance part. He's been dating, but none of those dates have led to anything more permanent than a one-night-stand, and this latest date is simply another disaster.

However, things might be looking up - his waiter Cody is cute, and Darwin thinks there might be something there.

Cody dropped out of high school and hightailed it out of his hometown to escape the homophobia. His job as a waiter at Hamburger Mary's in Denver is enough to keep a roof over his head, and OMG, there are lots of gay people in Denver, so Cody feels much more at home. When one of his customers at the restaurant expresses interest in Cody, he's a bit reluctant to believe that someone as successful as Darwin could see anything other than a piece of ass in Cody.

But Cody is wrong.

Brandon Witt crafted a really cute novella here, and this being the first in a new series, I can hardly wait to see what more is in store for us. I liked how different Darwin and Cody were, but how their dreams and aspirations, while not the same, were very much alike after all, even if it didn't appear that way. Both wanted someone to love, to build a life with, to hold at night, to wake up with in the morning. While Darwin's overall dreams were perhaps a little bigger, Cody still wanted the same fundamental things as well.

Their relationship develops fast, with ILYs coming relatively soon after meeting, but it didn't feel unrealistic. I guess when you know, you know, and that was part of what made this book a great read. I believed their connection, I believed their romance.

The author explored Cody's issues with self-worth quite well, and it was rather obvious to this reader that what happened had to happen for Cody to move forward.

There is a bit of angst too, and I won't go too much into the cause of it, as it's for the most part outside of their relationship, and thankfully doesn't last long. The supporting cast was lovely and fiercely supportive, and helped Darwin and Cody along quite a bit in realizing their relationship potential.

My previous reads by Brandon Witt tended to be more angsty, and this book is a welcome departure from that. It's much more light-hearted, and fun. Also, drag queens! A great start to what seems to be shaping up to be a great series - can't wait to read more about Mary's Boys!