MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
122 Devoted To
3355 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Daring Fate (Silver Tip Pack #1) by Megan Erickson

Daring Fate - Megan Erickson

And I'm no longer a Megan Erickson virgin!!

This was fantastic, y'all. Excellent world-building, without long explanations, just seamlessly woven into the story. Full of action and hot sexy times, I was glued to the pages until the very end.

This is dark, for the most part, set in a post-apocalyptic, dystopian future where there are Werewolves, Weres, and No-Weres, the latter being brainless, undead zombie-like creatures. Regular humans were wiped out long ago by some virus. Werewolves can shift between human and wolf, Weres, other than being bigger and stronger than regular werewolves, have a third form, sort of like a massive upright kind of wolf, and No-Weres are nasty creatures, driven only by their need to feed.

The Werewolves and Weres sort of keep to their own kind, not trusting each other, but neither wanting anything to do with the No-Weres, for obvious reasons.

Reese and his two younger siblings have been enslaved by the Alpha of the Werewolf pack where they have lived since they were much younger, after their village was overrun by No-Weres. This Alpha is cruel and mean, and Reese has a plan to run with his brother and sister.

But plans don't always work out, and while Reese and his brother, Jude, make it out, their sister does not. The Alpha's men leave Reese to be found by No-Weres, after beating him to a pulp, but Jude manages to get them both to the Silver Tip Pack compound run by Were Alpha Dare.

Dare takes one sniff and realizes Reese is his fated mate, but Reese is all, oh no, nope, no thanks.

Not that he has much of a choice, because Dare's smell overwhelms him just the same, and they're off to christen the sheets. Mate. Sex. Snarl and growl, because werewolf and Were sex is animalistic and fiery.

The book is fast-paced, with very little lull in the action, whether it be a hunting party for supplies, or Dare and Reese's bedroom antics, the latter being so hot that my Nook nearly melted. Dare is all Alpha, growly, dominant, and toppy, but Reese is no shrinking violet and gives the Were a run for his money.

Reese only has one goal - go back to the werewolf compound to rescue his sister from being taken by the Alpha. He trusts no one, other than Jude, who gets his own bodyguard (and possibly more) in G, a mostly silent and stoic Were, and plots and plans on how to escape the Silver Tip compound walls.

Love of course finds a way, even in this dystopian world, and while Dare is still growly and toppy, he also has a heart of gold, and loves his little werewolf. They have to fight to get their HEA, and while they both know it's worth it, there were moments when I wasn't sure they would get there.

There are additional side characters, such as G, Jude, Dare's brother Bay, Dare's son Mav (cute, so cute), and other weres at the compound, who all add to the plot and action, and even provide some humor amid the darkness. They all shine for different reasons, but they all show loyalty, a sense of family, compassion and love.

Gorgeous writing, excellent pacing, and a really awesome world - this was fabulous, and I very much enjoyed it. Cannot wait for the next book in this series. I'm hoping it'll be about G and Jude.

I'm so glad this is the book I chose to lose my Megan Erickson v-card. Highly recommended!!

** I received a free copy of this book from its author. A positive review was not promised in return. **