MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
122 Devoted To
3355 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: You Belong With Me by J.R. Loveless

You Belong With Me - J.R. Loveless

I'm going to review this while it's still fresh in my mind. The blurb covers most of what happens in this book.

This was a disappointing read, for the most part. Craig is awful and oblivious, and I have serious doubts about his sudden change of heart. Scott is a better character, but he sounds younger than I would like, even though his character is much more steadfast. I liked Karen, Scott's twin sister, too, especially how fiercely protective she was of her brother.

The writing is much tell, little show, and we're spending time in Scott's, Craig's, and Karen's head, which I assume was done to give the reader a full understanding, but which ended up being too much crammed into a short novella.

Craig does some truly awful things, especially that one during Scott and Karen's birthday party, and while Scott may have forgiven him for it, I have not. While the long separation was necessary, the MCs didn't really have much time to talk things out, before jumping right into the conclusion of this book, i.e. the sex.

I didn't buy Craig's change of heart, and that's probably the biggest thing that didn't work for me here.