MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
123 Devoted To
3347 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Hotline by Quinn Anderson

Hotline - Quinn Anderson

This was a fun book to read. I really enjoyed myself. It's total fluff, of course, but the humor and snark was exactly what I needed at the time I read it.

Zack is a PSO (Phone Sex Operator), which, considering his partial college and smart mouth, is about as good as it could get for him, job-wise. Or so he thinks. He's good at the job, going with the flow of the ever so, uhm, interesting requests his clients have, and while he doesn't love his job, he does love that it pays the bills.

Until one day "John" calls in, and turns Zack's boring existence upside down. Zack's getting turned on by the phone sex, which doesn't usually happen, and their frequent calls show Zack that "John" may be totally out of his league. Because Trust Fund Baby and PSO don't go all that well together, according to Zack.

I totally bought the lust parts of this story, and the phone sex was super hot and getting hotter by the minute between Zack and "John".

But then Zack runs into "John" in a bar, and things aren't so simple anymore. After some hot shmexing (in person this time), he bails, and doesn't know what to do. "John" of course calls in again, but "John" also does something really stupid (and slightly unbelievable), that almost gets Zack in huge trouble.

Obviously, this is a romance, so all's well that ends well, which this book does too, but while I bought the lusty parts, I didn't exactly buy the romantic side so much.

Still, this is a fun read. Slightly unbelievable, a bit tropey, and fairly unrealistic, but definitely fun. Give it a try.

** I received a free copy of this book from its publisher via Netgalley. A positive review was not promised in return. **