MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3329 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Sergeant's Secrets (Highgate Shifters #6) by Sydney Presley

Sergeant's Secrets (Highgate Shifters Book 6) - Sydney Presley

This was a bit of a letdown, especially for my expectations based on the blurb.

It started out well enough, with intrigue about why Sergeant is being kidnapped, and what's happening, and what's going on, but that then had a weird explanation, which basically ruined the book for me.

During the kidnapping and his subsequent freedom, Sergeant is told that he mustn't share whatever he knows with anyone, not even his mate Dillon. Now, the mythology in this series has the mated shifters share their thoughts at all times, speaking to their mates in their minds, and it's a bit unsettling to Dillon that Sergeant is keeping him out, and it's even more disturbing to Sergeant that he has to do that.

What is made clear though is how strong Sergeant and Dillon's relationship is, how absolutely they trust each other, even if Sergeant can't tell Dillon what's going on. There's no jealousy, no drawn-out nagging, just two men who have each other's backs, who believe in each other and their mating bond. This is what earned this book the stars it received.

There's mucho sexy times inside, and while I certainly enjoyed that, it felt at times a bit like a filler, because the real plot of this installment wasn't meaty enough to carry the book.

When Sergeant is given permission to share the secret with his mate, and the reader also finds out what's going on, the reason behind it was a complete letdown. It didn't make a whole lot of sense, to be honest, but since I love this series, I will continue to read about these wolves.

It was nice to see characters from the previous books as well in this story, since it's always nice to revisit.

This book should not be read as a standalone, and I recommend that you read this series in order.