MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3321 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100 %
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: It Takes Two To Tango by M.A. Church

It Takes Two to Tango (Fur, Fangs, and Felines Book 3) - M.A. Church

This is the 3rd book in the Fur, Fangs, and Felines series by this author, and we get to explore the new mating between Remi, our kitty-cat, and Marshell, a Vetala.

Vetalas are sort of snake-like non-shifting creatures that share some traits with vampires, primarily the one about living off blood.

I liked Remi a lot, including the hilariously snarky shirts he so adores and wears as often as possible. He's pretty straight-forward, and likes to snark just as much as his shirts. Marshell is a very likable guy too, but if you've read the last book, you already know that. Scary, sure, but definitely likable. He's got a lot of power but he uses it wisely. For the most part.

The characters from the previous books all make an appearance as well, including Marshell's sister Janelle who's mated to one of the male weres from Remi's clowder.

Marshell has a bit of a problem. Hunters are on his tail, and he's also dealing with a stalking werewolf. Add to that his recent meeting of his mate, Remi, who's just as dominant and toppy as Marshell, as well as some pushback against him joining the clowder from some of the elders, and it's a bit of a fuster cluck all around.

The only thing going well for Marshell is the actual mating. He and Remi set the sheets on fire, with lots and lots of dirty, dirty talk, and finish the mating. Learning about each other has never been so much fun or so very hawt!

I really enjoyed reading this. Remi and Marshell fit really well together, and there's little drama between the two men - no, the drama is all about outside forces trying to tear them apart. And at the very end, the author rather enticingly sets up the next book in this series, I believe, what with the deluded hunter and the werewolf... and the werewolf's Alpha, one Carter Lovelock, and Adraic, one of Dolf's betas... well, I'll let you read this for yourself. I'll foresee some fur flying in the next one, hahaha.

A nicely done and solid addition to the series. This shouldn't be read as a standalone, as each subsequent book builds on the previous ones, and you'd miss out on a lot of good stuff if you ignore books one and two.

As a side note, there was a mathematical error in my ARC regarding the age of the hunter and his age when the alleged murder occurred. 35 - 16 does not 21 make. I assume this is fixed in the published version. I also noticed after some googling that the Vetala mythology in this series appears to closely follow that of the Supernatural TV series.