MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3298 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100 %
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Jacob's Journey by Sydney Presley

Jacob's Journey (Highgate Shifters Book 5) - Sydney Presley

This is book 5 of the Highgate Shifters series. It cannot be read as a standalone as each book builds from the previous ones.

Jacob is a lion shifter from the Oakland pride, sent by his pride leader to collect two missing members from the Highgate wolf shifter compound.

Upon arrival, he realizes that the two missing lions have bonded, and neither is interested in leaving Highgate to return to the autocratic ruler they left behind.

And then Jacob runs into Frankie, a wolf. Hello, mating bond.

The romance was nice, and I liked both Jacob and Frankie, and how their relationship developed. Even if Jacob was a bit reluctant to believe in lion/wolf matings, he couldn't deny the pull of the bond. Frankie was much more open to the concept from the start and didn't let the differences in species deter him from pursuing his goal. Because, you know, mate.

The conflict however seemed to have a huge build-up and then a rapid solution, that felt a bit like a letdown, as it seemed a bit too easy. Still, I was glad that it got resolved, and that Jacob and Frankie got their HEA.

I'm looking forward to the next one in this series.

Just heed the notice at the top. These cannot be read out of order. If you like M/M romance with shifters, sexy times and action, this may be a good series for you.