MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3337 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

Release Day ARC Review: Son Of Money by Brandon Witt

Son of Money - Brandon Witt

So, this is only my 2nd book by this author. (I suck, I know.) In my defense, though, I was mightily impressed with the first one I read, because it was so awesome, and it made my Best of 2015 list.

Then this came to me via Dreamspinner as an ARC (thank you!!), and I devoured it just the same.

Because, Brandon, man... this was fabulous. Two magnificent MCs, a fantastic romance, holy hot and dirty boysecks, Batman, and a bit of suspense/drama - what's not to love, amirite?

Randall has disinherited himself from his rich and super-controlling family. He's basically the black sheep, works as a photographer and masseur, and some of this clients get extra benefits. While this may sound sleazy at first, I assure you, it's not. Randall doesn't accept payment for sexual favors, and he certainly doesn't give every client those extracurricular activities, but hey, he's single, young, and why the hell not?

He stays in touch with his family mainly because he loves his controlled and emotionally abused sister in law, and his little niece Bailey, whom he adores. He's not rich, but he's happy. Mostly.

It's because of Bailey, sort of, that Randall decides to adopt a dog - if her daddy won't let her have one, Randall can do the next best thing, right?

So Randall is chosen by Harper, who must possibly be the ugliest dog I've ever seen described in the pages of a book. But she loves Randall, and Randall can't help but fall for her.

I myself pretty much fell for Randall from the start. There was just something about him, how he lived by his convictions, and how lonely he felt sometimes, that drew me in.

And then there was Noah. Holy shitballz, people, Noah was amazing. Direct, communicative, supportive, sweet, kind - and totally in love with Randall. He works at the Humane Society where Randall gets Harper, and then is pulled into the suspense plot by association as the story unfolds.

Speaking of the suspense - dayum, Brandon Witt, you had me clueless until the end as to who was behind it. And then utterly shocked when I found out.

I loved, loved the relationship between Randall and Noah, and the one Randall had with his niece and sister-in-law. And I loved, loved, LOVED that - well, read this for yourself. No spoilers here.

As this is a romance, it will not be a spoiler to let you know that we got our HEA, so there's that. Expected that, didn't you?

The writing - brilliant. I was drawn in from the start, laughing, hoping, fearing, and crying with the characters, fanning myself during the sexy times, and on the edge of my seat while they figured out the whodunit. And the author, while writing super hot sex scenes, does so sparingly, and only to further the plot. None of it is gratuitous, and I for one appreciate that very much. The scenes, while definitely requiring cold showers after, are also rather emotional, which is much more important to me in a romance. I want to see the emotional connection more so than how tab A is inserted into slot B, and I got that here in droves.

Fabulous, just fabulous, and highly recommended.