MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
122 Devoted To
3355 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

Release Day ARC Review: Undercover Boyfriend by Jacob Z. Flores

Undercover Boyfriend (Dreamspun Desires Book 12) - Jacob Z. Flores

Jacob Flores really hit it out of the park with this one. Snark, romance, and a fabulous whodunit plot kept me riveted to the pages of this book until it was suddenly over.

I adored this. Fast-paced, with giggle-snort inducing zingers (Luke aka Tim delivers them in such a fun way), two well-done main characters, a great supporting cast, character growth, a believable albeit quick romance with lots of sweet and hot moments, and a great HFN - you couldn't ask for more.

Marty Valdez tends to make up stories, and people, when he feels pressured. And nothing adds more pressure than his mami expecting a real-life boyfriend instead of the one he invented after breaking up with a toxic ex. Except his mami doesn't know the ex is toxic, so Marty made up his underwear cover model boyfriend to fend her off and stopping her from praising the ex's virtues to him. A super hot model boyfriend who doesn't exist. Whom he's now expected to bring to his sister's wedding.

It's fortuitous that Marty drops his lucky coin and Luke Myers/Tim happens to pick it up. Luke is an undercover FBI agent whose cover got blown and who needs to lay low for a while. Pretending to be an underwear model isn't a far stretch, and Luke/Tim more or less invites himself to Marty's home, agreeing to pretend to be the elusive boyfriend.

Meeting the family has never been so much fun. Including the toxic ex, who gets his ass handed to him, in spectacular fashion.

Meanwhile, the attraction between the two men sizzles hotter than a Jalapeno.

Meanwhile, also somewhere in Mexico, a drug lord doesn't like that Luke/Tim has messed around in his business.

I really liked the suspense plot that was effortlessly written into this romance. I couldn't put this book down for any length of time, because I needed to know what would happen next. The climax was brilliant and hit me right out of left field. Well done, Jacob.

Highly recommended!