MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3347 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Forgive And Forget by Charlie Cochet

Forgive and Forget (Dreamspun Desires Book 7) - Charlie Cochet

I liked the plot. Not that it was a huge mystery as to who "Tom" turned out to be, but I liked it anyway.

I liked both main characters. Joe is in his later 30s, and a baker, with a small bakery/cafe over which he lives, and where he bakes his pies, in 18 different flavors. Heck, I didn't realize there was this much variety in pie, but just reading about them made me want some. Joe runs his pie bakery with two teenagers (Donnie and Elsie) and and older lady named Bea. I liked them too. I liked how Bea was like a mother figure.

But even if he proclaims that he's happy with his life, Joe is lonely. After a bad break-up, he seems to have given up on men, and he doesn't want to do anything other than baking pies and run his small cafe.

Then Joe stumbles upon an injured, bloodied man in the courtyard/garden beside his bakery. Being a kind soul, Joe takes the man inside to clean him up and offer him shelter. The fact that the man is super hot once all that blood is washed off is an added bonus, of course.

Except the man does not know who he is, what he's doing in the garden, or where he came from. Nor who injured him. What he does know is that Joe mustn't call the police. He's adamant that he can't go to the police or even to a hospital. They settle on "Tom" as his temporary name.

This being a romance novel in the Dreamspun Desires series, it's very clear from the start that Joe and "Tom" will fall in love. The fun is watching them get there. There's not a whole lot of steam on page, but this was also expected and thus didn't detract from the story.

What bothered me a little is that Joe often came across as younger than his years, that he was in some aspects a little immature (seriously, who sticks their head into an oven?), and perhaps insecure, possibly due to the treatment he received by the nasty ex who for some reason also got screen time. He was the archetypal jerk, and didn't add anything to the plot or the progression of it.

There were some fun moments and some really sweet moments, and... well, read it yourself, because I don't want to spoil things. You'll say awww much like I did, I'm sure.

Not one of my favorites from this series, this was still an enjoyable read and a good way to spend a few hours. Slightly OTT, but then most of the books in this series are. That's what makes them fun, amirite?