MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
121 Devoted To
3357 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Nate And The New Yorker by Kevin Klehr

Nate And The new Yorker - Kevin Klehr

This book felt rushed to me, and it didn't work for me. Nathan (Nate from the title) is from Sydney, Australia, and traveling Europe with his friends/co-workers, when he comes across Cameron. Lust burns hot and heavy between the men, and Cameron leaves Nathan with an invitation to visit him in New York.

Upon returning to Australia, Nate decides to take Cameron up on the offer, to some degree at the prodding of his friends who see Cameron as Nathan's fantasy romance come true.

To some degree, this book felt OTT, as we find out more about Cameron and his ever-present butler, and Nathan feels overwhelmed and out of his league in the art galleries and fancy restaurants Cameron drags him too.

Cameron is more of a dreamer, a lover, someone who freely gives his heart away, whereas Nathan is a realist, who's also still smarting and somewhat bitter from previous heartache. Their differences are very clear from the get-go, and that was fine with me (opposites-attract is a fabulous trope), but then the book veered into total OTT, and that just didn't work for me.

Maybe I'm just not getting what this book is trying to do, and it may work perfectly well for someone else. There were moments that were really good, and those are why I don't regret reading it, but I don't feel that I ever really connected with Nathan or with Cameron on any level that would have made me care about them and their romance.

So, this is most likely a case of "it's not the book, it's me", so do give this a chance and don't let my review scare you off.

** I received a free copy of this book from its author. A positive review was not promised in return. **