MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
123 Devoted To
3347 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Red River by Cardeno C.

Red River (Pack Collection Book 2) - Cardeno C.

I've been waiting for the 2nd book in the Pack series in what seems like forever, after devouring Blue Mountain when it came out.

Also, this is a CC book - need I say more? I'm addicted!!

So I snagged the ARC (thank you, CC) and after having just finished a very dark book, this was exactly what I needed - marshmallowy fluffy, achingly sweet romance with hot boysecksing, precisely what CC does best.

And we start out with the holy hot boysecks, Batman, when Wesley tries to drown his frustration in a pint or five, while looking for a hook-up. The colorful man he finds in the bar may be human, but he's just what Wesley needs at that moment. The attraction is burns so hot and so immediate that Wesley... well, you read it for yourself.

Except this had something extra. You see, Wesley is an Alpha, but his uncle has been running the Purple Sky pack for many years, and Wesley's pack doesn't want him to succeed his uncle, because, well, Wesley has a deformity of sorts on his stomach, and because wolves need to be perfect, and he's not, the pack doesn't trust him to lead them. Wesley is frustrated but doesn't know how to get the pack on his side.

Then his uncle breaks the news that Wesley is being traded to the Red River pack, where he's going to mate with the (male) heir and become Alpha. In turn, an Alpha wolf from Red River will take the reins of the Purple Sky pack.

Wesley isn't happy about this at all, but makes the journey to Red River anyway, where he meets Jobe, his intended mate. And then... well, you'll see.

Cardeno C. gave me a fully developed character in both Wesley and Jobe. They are very different in nature, but work well together. Jobe is gentle, kind, and sweet, and he gives Wesley time to adjust, without pressure, but being solicitous toward him. And while Wesley doesn't get it at first, Jobe knows right away that Mother Nature has given him his fated mate. I loved how Wesley almost seamlessly merges his life with Jobe, without even realizing what's happening - it all just feels so very right.

There's a big twist to the story that... well, get the book and find out for yourself.

I loved the mythology here, specifically as it pertains to the Red River pack, and how in tune the pack is with nature, how they live off the land, and how reverently they treat what Mother Nature bestows upon them. It was in huge contrast to Wesley's experiences, but he comes around quickly.

I can't wait to read Ricky's story, by the way!

Seriously, folks, run and get this book when it comes out 1/19/16. This is a Cardeno C. book, so you know that the sweet romance, snarky humor, and the hot boy-on-boy loving CC always delivers will make you feel all warm and ooey-gooey inside!

** I received a free copy of this book from its author. A positive review was not promised in return. **