MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
122 Devoted To
3355 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Lifeline by Brynn Stein

Lifeline - Brynn Stein

I liked the supernatural touch in this story, but sadly, it was too short for what it tried to do. There wasn't enough book to explore the characters fully, and I thought that the relationship moved much too quickly, from meeting by chance in a town where neither Eric nor Dennis live, to finding out what's happening, to moving in together - all of it seemed squished into too few pages.

I didn't mind the lack of steam, as that is not anything super important to me in a romance, but the relationship development was lacking here. While I liked Eric and Dennis both, I didn't quite believe the romance I was expected to buy here, and would have probably enjoyed this book more if we had seen a deeper exploration of how they fall in love.

I also liked Dennis' sister, and her portrayal of being skeptical at first seemed accurate. The scene at her hotel room was really well done.

The writing itself is quite good, and the story flows by nicely, so no complaints there.

The ending appears to be a bit of a teaser, which made me wonder if we'll see more of this couple down the road.