MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3327 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: The Plumber (Workplace Encounters #9) by Serena Yates

The Plumber - Serena Yates

The best part about this book was that the two MCs actually communicated. Like, you know, adults. Who can actually adult in a romantic relationship.

The worst part - it was just too darn short, at only 92 pages on my Nook. I would have liked to have seen the solution during its implementation, would have liked to have seen their romance continue blossoming beyond the ILY. Yes, yes, we got closure in the epi, and it was all neatly explained, but I wanted more, dang it.

I quite liked these characters, both Will (The Plumber) and Steve, I liked how they handled themselves in business and in their privates lives, and I liked very much how their romance unfolded. They seemed well-suited to each other, even if Will is a bit of a workaholic, and needed Steve to remind him occasionally, that all work and no fun makes for a very dull Will. I liked the dates they had, and the intimate moments actually furthered the relationship, instead of being gratuitous in nature. Their relationship progressed naturally and organically, and I liked that they teased and challenged each other.

I liked the contrasting images of Will's parents, who certainly aren't perfect, but who get it right after taking a long, hard look at themselves, and Steve's parents, who are both despicable human beings, and who really ticked me off.

Overall, this was a nice, sweet, well-written romance, set against a blue-collar background, with two very likable MCs, and a nicely done supporting cast. As this was my first foray into this series, I can't speak about the other books, but I think this one is well worth your time.