MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3308 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100 %
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: The Articles Of Release by BA Tortuga

The Articles of Release - B.A. Tortuga

3.75, rounded up.

The Articles Of Release is the 2nd book in this series. By no means as angsty as The Terms Of Release, it still has its moments.

Eric Tremaine has just been released from the Army due to injuries received while deployed, and is struggling with the new civilian life. Seeking shelter with his Army buddy Win (Adam Winchester) and Win's partner/lover Sage in Texas, this Louisiana transplant has some difficult stuff to deal with. He's miserable and somewhat reclusive, awkward in social situations, and generally pissed off that life has dealt him such a blow. He's also somewhat still in the closet, sort of, not really, but not fully out.

Enter Troy, a physical therapist, who's been working with Sage (after that emergency knee surgery). Eric says some stupid shit, and Troy shows off his missing legs.

A couple of "I'm so sorry" lunches later, Troy and Eric start hanging out/dating/being friends. Their bedroom exploits are pretty hot, and fun, as they figure out how to maneuver around with one of them missing his lower legs and the other's legs being not as strong as they used to be. Lots of frottage and BJs, and it was nice to see that disabilities aren't a prevention to sexy times. Because they aren't! I really liked that the author gave both MCs a disability with which they had to live and make peace.

Except that Troy has an issue with needing to prove to the world that he's no lesser man, and that missing two lower legs doesn't stop anyone from being a daredevil. Naturally, he bites off more than he can chew, not once but twice, and Eric ends up taking care of Troy both times, something that makes him question whether Troy is ready and willing to actually invest himself fully into their romance, or if he's just another diversion until the next hare-brained scheme.

While love creeps in, and their friends with benefits turns into a romance, Troy can't pull his head out of his ass enough to see that his devil may care ways are hurting Eric, and their relationship suffers.

The climax comes when Eric puts his foot down after Troy has another episode of "let me put my life in danger" and balks at anything more, walking away to leave Troy to do the stupid thing he plans to do.

That climatic event was the wake-up call Troy needed, though.

I liked this quite a bit, though I would have liked to smack Troy over the head more than a few times. Still, all's well that ends well, and their romance blossoms and they ride off into a HFN.

The author's writing is straight-forward, without any purple prose, and these are men who act like men (albeit the stupid kind on occasion), and the plot flows nicely without any major time jumps.

A nice, fun, and sexy romance, but also one that explores the mindsets of two men who are dealt a shitty hand and need to figure out how to move forward together.