MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
121 Devoted To
3357 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

Love Is An Open Road: Unexpected Homecoming by AJ Henderson

Unexpected Homecoming - James A. Henderson

Super cute and fluffylicious short from the M/M Romance group's Love Is An Open Road event.

Poor Ben got a raw deal - not only did he lose his boyfriend and his home, but because his BF is also his boss, his job is gone too. Going home to small town CA with his tail between his legs wasn't the plan, so Ben is a bit mopey. And afraid of putting himself back out there due to fear of getting hurt again.

His high school crush Matt is the new town veterinarian, and Ben's grandma and her Bingo friends waste no time to start machinations to get the two together.

Except Ben is afraid, and doesn't see a good thing even when it hits him over the head, repeatedly, so it takes him a bit of time to get to the point where he's open again for a new relationship.

Matt is gung-ho at first, gets shot down, and thinks he doesn't have a chance. When he and Ben did communicate, it was honestly, which helped, even if Ben can't see the forest for the trees. Thankfully, the two of them seem to have the whole town behind them working for them to get their HEA.

Not a whole lot of character development, but this is a short, slice-of-life kind of story, and I enjoyed reading it.

My thanks to the author for participating in this event!