MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3337 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

Love Is An Open Road: Back To Eden by Marc Green

Back to Eden - Marc  Green

I'm not going to rate this, because it wouldn't be pretty.

First off, the name-dropping of various M/M authors and their books was irritating. I didn't realize this was a commercial.

Secondly, WTF - cliffhanger? This event is not meant to be used that way. Stories, no matter how short, should be at least somewhat complete. Am I supposed to buy the book that will continue this short story? Is it meant to be a teaser?

Thirdly, disparaging remarks about girl parts from a gay man. Seriously, that's just ridiculously cliched. And offensive to some. Possibly not the best way to appeal to female readers, who comprise a rather large chunk of your audience.

Fourthly, vampires, wolf shifters, and angels, oh my. Five men, excluding the narrator, living on a ranch, all of them supernatural in some way. Too much going on, with too little explanation, in less than 10k words. I guess if you're going for a cliffhanger, hoping to entice readers to buy the full book, that may seem logical.

While I appreciate the author donating his time to this event, this story didn't work for me at all.