MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1417 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3308 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100 %
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Masked Booby by Jacques N. Hoff

Masked Booby - Jacques N. Hoff

This is a Masked Booby. Just for reference.

In this 3rd installment of the UC Peckers series, Jacques N. Hoff takes the reader to Australia, where a Puffin shifter has been kept sedated in a Zoo, because said shifter refuses to mate with a female puffin, bc reasons.

Irwin Stephens (disguised nod to Steve Irwin) is one of the zookeepers, friends with Atticus, the puffin, knows that puffin is really a shifter, and of course wants to help him.

Basically, this book starts off where the 2nd one left off. Mickey, the con artist/criminal is flying to 'Straya with Sebastian and his mate, Louis (the cockatoo from book 2), to free the poor puffin man.

Mating imperatives are a bitch, as Mickey finds out quickly upon meeting Irwin.

Hilarity ensues with Irwin's twin brother Steven, an unfortunate mishap with a tiger, one line zingers and a big water bird trying his best to ignore the mating pull.

I would have liked to have seen the actual release of the poor puffin, but maybe we'll get that in book 4. There's gonna be a book 4, right? RIGHT?

I love how the author gives each bird a distinct personality, one that is ultimately superbly suited for each of their mates, and how each character has distinctive traits that are in tune with their respective bird aliases.

This is a super fun series. Recommended. Must be read in order to get full impact.

Please write another. :)