MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
122 Devoted To
3355 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: Butt Babes In Boyland - Anthology

Butt Babes in Boyland - Kage Alan,  Shae Connor,  Kiernan Kelly,  J.P. Barnaby,  Jevocas Green, T.C. Blue

The Half Life Of Pumpkin Pie - Shae Connor

A nice, cute, sexy read about a lonely, somewhat malcontent dude, and a baker who makes the pie lonely dude takes to Turkey Dinner. I giggled when the toy party turned out to be a different kind of toy party, but I believed the budding relationship.

4 stars!

Elf Confidence - Kiernan Kelly

This novella was full of quotable lines, such as this one:

Zook's deep voice thundered, rattling every nerve in the room and literally scaring the crap out of the reindeer. The stench of fresh reindeer dung joined the odor of bitter smoke permeating the workshop.

Or this one, when Zook finds an elf reading a book:

Fifty Shades of Elf. Zook had tried reading it once, but when he found himself wanting to punch the heroine's Inner Goddess in the head just three pages in, that was the end of that.

Also, this novella marks the first appearance of a character named McJingles.

It was a hilarious read and I giggled and LOL'd quite a bit. There's talk of conspiracies, a bit of romance between Zook, the supervisor at workshop 69 (*giggles*) and his love interest Roger, wooden soldiers with large, ahem, dicks, an unhappy Mrs. Claus trying to overthrow her husband - all of it super fun, super entertaining and super not-serious.

5 stars!

It's A Wonderful Lube - Kage Alan

The one I had been looking forward to the most, knowing Mr. Alan's propensity for intelligent, tongue-in-cheek humor, this delivered at a level beyond my expectations.

From the first page, where we're reading a recruitment for Santa Holdings Incorporated Technologies (S.H.I.T), to the sweet ending, this novella took me on a ride (*giggles*) with magic, snark, sarcasm, wit, and a hot (and funny) romance between Wesley, a security intern for the North Pole, and Ethan, who's the son of Santa and Mrs. Claus, and the love of Wesley's life. There are horny elves, an HR rep who is dumb as a brick, references to JP Barnaby novels, and tons of snark that made me laugh out loud.

5 stars!

Overnight Delivery - Jevocas Green

Justin works in a toy store and has a hot fantasy about Kent, a man/boy doll with a figure Justin can only envy. Kent is exactly how he wants a lover to look. McJingles returns in this novella as the delivery of a magic dildo for the anatomically incorrect doll. Justin has to work overnight to unpack the dolls, and with a bit of magic, his fantasy comes to life. Hot smexing ensues, but when the sun comes up, the magic cock falls off, and Kent leaves Justin with a magic dildo and a piece of advice. I didn't fully connect with the character and thought he was too hung up on looks instead of seeing what was right in front of him. Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, most of the novella was taken up by sexing. With a doll come to life.

3.5 stars!

The Isle Of Misfit Sex Toys - J.P. Barnaby

There are six toys sitting in a circle, discussing their lot in life, in the utility closet of Santa's workshop, all of them cast-off misfits toys supposed to have been thrown in the junk pile. Bob, or BOB, is the one who rescued them all from being tossed and sort of their leader. He's a robot designed to fulfill a single purpose (I'm sure you can guess which), but no longer fully functional. Then we have B-B-B-Buzz, a personal massager. He'd like to control his stutter. Wally and Ben, two shiny spheres, are afraid of being separated. Also, Dil, the dildo, terrified of the dark. A severed head, Candy, who snarks and bitches a lot.

Their dream is to escape the utility room and become real toys, going out into the world. The novella tells the story of how they accomplish just that.

With tongue in cheek, J.P. delivers a fun yet poignant story. 1/2 star deducted because of an editing issue where Candy becomes Cindy. Twice.

4.5 stars!

For Fox's Sake - T.C. Blue

McJingles is in this one too - he's a busy dude! This was a nice, heartwarming and mysterious story about a supernatural fox (Yoshi) mated to an elf (Nick), and the shenanigans of Yoshi's family to separate them. Yoshi is being kept prisoner but escapes at last from his captors. What ensues is Yoshi trying to find his place in the world again, catching up with changes in technology, and rekindling his mating bond with Nick. Yoshi has been abused, and it takes him some time to come to grips with trusting Nick again, just as it takes Nick time to wrap his head around the fact that Yoshi did not abandon him, but rather was put under a spell that made him forget everything.

It's a lovely tale, and fully deserving of the 4 stars it received.

I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. A positive review was not promised in return.