MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1418 Devotees
124 Devoted To
3329 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

Book Review: Truck Me All Night Long by J.D. Walker

Truck Me All Night Long - J.D. Walker

Well, this wasn't really what I expected it to be. What I expected was a smutfest, based on the blurb, and what I got was really a sad tale of a truck driver in his forties who's been chasing young tail for too long and prides himself on never doing the same guy twice. Relationships are a waste of time, and not for him.

Trev Harding, as you can tell from the blurb, is a 42 year old truck driver, who likes to take young, trim 20-something men for a joyride on his dick. He doesn't care much about where these rides take place, and while he does realize he's getting older, he kind of pushes those thoughts down. Until his latest trick, after a pity fuck in the bathroom, basically tells him that all the young guys in his favorite hangout are laughing at him, calling him a dirty old man. What a wake-up call.

The writing was good. It's gritty and raw, with language fitting for the person that was telling his tale. It sounded believable, if a little too quick, that the main character changes his personal outlook on his life. I liked that the main character gets to experience a bit of growth, and I liked Grant as well, the "trick" that turns into a friend and then more.

For as short as this was, the author really put a good amount of character exploration into this tale, and allowed Trev to learn the difference between simple sex and making a connection with someone, and how intimacy can enhance the experience a thousand times. And while we only experience Grant through Trev's eyes, I was glad that he wasn't a pushover or a doormat either, and gave back as good as Trev dished out.

There are no minced words here and no purple prose, just the honest account of a guy who still has a lot to learn.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

** I received a free copy of this book from the publisher. A positive review was not promised in return. **