MyFictionNook

Sandra @ My Fiction Nook

I like romance and boys loving boys in my books.

You can also find me on my main blog

1416 Devotees
121 Devoted To
3357 BOOKS

Secrets and Charms
Lou Harper
Progress: 100%
The Luckiest (Lucky Moon Book 2)
M.J. O'Shea, M.J. O'Shea
My Favorite Uncle
Marshall Thornton
The River Leith
Leta Blake

Favorite quotes

ARC Review: The Half Of Us by Cardeno C.

The Half of Us - Cardeno C.

The Half Of Us, CC's latest installment in the Family series, took me by surprise. After the first few pages, I wasn't sure whether I would like Jason's cocky attitude, his love 'em and leave 'em MO, but I should have trusted CC to make me care about the character, like I usually do.

Jason and Abe start out as a one-night stand, meeting in a bar, with Jason attracted to Abe's laugh, going home to Abe's apartment, something Abe decides is his birthday gift to himself, and then falling under each other's spell.

For all his intelligence, Jason is clueless when it comes to matters of the heart, but I could explain that away based on his cheating past, his marriage to a fine woman (I really liked her portrayal in this book), and the fact that he doesn't know himself well at all.

But Abe sees behind the mask, sees the man Jason can be, and quietly, with clever sort-of-manipulations, finds his way into Jason's heart, without Jason noticing.

I loved this book because there were no huge conflicts, no contrived miscommunication between the characters, no break-ups for some stupid reason, no fights. What we are given here are two things - a sweet love affair that may start out with sexy times but becomes so much more, and sexy times that nearly torched my e-reader with their heat. Jason's dirty talk? *fans self*

Yeah, it's fluffy, sure. I expected that. What I didn't expect was that these characters, including Jason's two kids, who are portrayed much like kids are, would get so under my skin, that I found myself rooting for their HEA.

And yes, we get that too.

A wonderful addition to this series, I highly recommend you get your copy when it's available.

** I received a free copy of this book from its author. A positive review was not promised in return. **